Tuesday, March 2, 2010

This is gonna be big

I didnt really know where I would end up, but I never thought that what I loved to do would become synonymous with what I do for a living. Looking back on a younger version of me (lauren 1.0) I cannot help but marvel at the fact that I have come so far in what seems like so little time. So here I am, sitting at my dining room table surrounded by wine glasses, prescription bottles and stacks of papers listing all the possible diseases I can acquire over the next 2 weeks... chill a second, A wine glass-given to me at a food and wine festival which I attended with one of my best friends in the world, prescription bottles containing anti-malaria pills and anti-poo pills, diseases printed on paper reminding me what a far cry India is from Miami. All these things-little pieces of me.
So what is this people. My motivation-(assuming someone besides my mother will read this) I thought to myself- I really wish to document my travels because I love to hear about how people experience all the crazy shit we encounter when traveling outside of this bubble-hence THE BLOG DUNDUNDUN....just dont think about it, dont judge, im not here to try and impress you with my writing skills (or lack thereof), this is just a little piece of me, if you like it right on. It's about communication and free thought so here's a part of my brain, my soul, my life. <-- see what I did there, ended with the title of my blog page. genius. more to come for india. one love x.

1 comment:

  1. Your Mami is your biggest fan and is very proud of your growth as a person. Yes, I will be reading your post as you travel the Land of Mother Teresa. 
I do think your under pack (clothes) but those who know you, know you will be shopping for some as soon as you get there :)
Chewie and I are very excited for you and miss you already. Que la Virgen te acompane...

    ReplyDelete